I like what Romans 15 says about Jesus. And how his example should influence our behavior. Pretty convicting stuff…
- … Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: “The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me.” vs. 3
- … Christ accepted you (and me!) vs. 7
- …Christ has become a servant of the Jews on behalf of God’s truth, so that the promises made to the patriarchs might be confirmed… vs. 8
Our response to this selfless mercy and service?
- We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. Each of us should please our neighbors for their good, to build them up… vs 1, 2
- May the God … give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Accept one another... vs. 5-7
- …glorify God for his mercy. vs. 9
Enough said for tonight!
Today’s Readings: Job 23:1-25:6, Psalm 96:7-10, Proverbs 23:9, Romans 15:1-13. See About for what I’m up to with these daily posts. Your daily blogger, Holiday Longing (Reproduce with permission only).