I found the 2 Corinthians passage especially interesting today… because on Monday I start my new job with a ministry devoted to evangelism.
Do you want to introduce your friends to the gospel? Here’s what you must do:
- Don’t lose heart as you minster God’s gospel mercy to others (2 Corinthians 4:1)
- Share the plain, unadorned gospel truth. Share the gospel without deception or distortion. Don’t be driven by money (or popularity) or you might resort to these shameful practices like watering down the gospel. Keep your conscience clean before others. vs. 2
- Know that people will reject the gospel but it should not be due to you. But if they aren’t being drawn to God, they WILL be blinded to the gospel truth, the truth of who Jesus is – God – and what He has gloriously done on the cross. vs. 3, 4
- Preach that Jesus is Lord.
- Serve those to whom you preach. vs. 5
- Realize you are clay and that the saving power is God’s. Rest in His power to open eyes and to save. vs. 7
- Recognize that you will suffer if you are in the gospel-sharing business, but you will share in Jesus’ sufferings. This will allow Jesus to be revealed through your resurrection life,your ability to endure and be “more than a conqueror” in the face of difficulties and death. vs. 8-12
And Paul closes: “All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.” vs. 15
May more and more and more people be reached through this ministry and others. Amen.
Today’s Readings: Isaiah 15:1-16:14, Psalm 106:24-31, Proverbs 25:9-10, 2 Corinthians 4:1-15. See About for what I’m up to with these daily posts. Your daily blogger, Holiday Longing (Reproduce with permission only)